How is The Return to Player Rate of Slots Calculated?

When you play at a top desktop or mobile casino, you can check the Return to Player (commonly abbreviated as just RTP) to see how much money you can expect to win throughout a long session. When we talk about the long term, we’re referring to a theoretical average based on countless slot machine spins. Or numerous wagers on games like roulette, blackjack, and baccarat.

We assume that every player is going only to place a few different bets. Since millions of chances have been placed, the average RTP value provides a useful reference point for players who also play Fishin Frenzy Casino.

For this comprehensive online gambling guide, let’s use a basic example. Let’s pretend you found a slot machine with a payout percentage of 98%. Put another way, if you bet one euro, you may win back roughly 98 cents on average. The casino keeps the remaining 2%, referred to as the “house edge” or, more simply, the predicted profits the casino produces on each bet.

While it may not seem like much, a return to player (RTP) percentage of 98% is excellent. And remember, that’s just an average value we’re dealing with here. It’s just that other players will inevitably lose to the house to make up for it. Despite the situation, it is always possible to come out on top.

Calculating RTP

RTP is calculated in a very straightforward manner; no need to become too technical. It’s calculated by dividing the entire amount won (or returned to players) by the total amount wagered. Although it is not based on the actual history of a single game, computer algorithms may mimic playing millions of rounds in a short time, making it look like thousands of players playing the game over many years. The RTP is reliable because a random number generator (RNG) guarantees every spin has the same probability of a win as any other spin.

You may get lucky and win or lose big in the same slot. In other words, if one person wins, another must fail. The only thing guaranteed is that the slot or casino keeps between 2% and 5% (or whatever the house edge is) of the wagers and pays out the remainder to random players.

Since the RTP is never equal to 100%, continuous play will always result in a loss. You can get lucky and have a winning streak, but the real challenge is cashing out your profits. You can lose all your money in a slot machine if you keep betting it. Unless, of course, you hit the jackpot.

RTP and bonus value

Slot machines can be played with nearly any casino bonus, and their odds of meeting the bonus’s wagering requirements are the best of any game the offer allows. You should be aware that the relative value of a casino bonus might be altered by the slot machines you play and their RTP values. If you play slots with a higher RTP %, you improve your odds of winning and meeting the bonus’s wagering requirements.

As always, it’s important to study the bonus’s conditions before claiming them. It’s common for casinos to restrict access to, or put less value on, specific slot machines like osrs abby demons, because of their higher-than-normal return-to-player percentages. However, for convenience, we’ve estimated the wagering requirement break-even points as a multiple of the bonus amount.

Back to top button